Frameworks, DPS and procurement
Approved framework agreements and dynamic purchasing systems (DPS) to help you save time and money.
We work with carefully selected suppliers to agree terms that benefit our members, whilst still delivering a service specified to local requirements, and supporting local decision making and accountability.
We'll also support you in accessing DPS and framework agreements and can provide specialist procurement advice and OJEU regulations guidance.
How you can benefit
- Cost savings for members through collaborative spend savings and reduced administrative costs
- Time savings as there is no need to carry out a full procurement process and call-offs allow for reduced timescales between identifying a need and fulfilling it
- Legal compliance has been proven
- Negotiated terms which suit our customers' needs and pro-forma contracts reduce the amount of time and legal input needed from members
- Flexibility through the use of direct award to first ranked suppliers on certain frameworks or mini-competition for DPSs or more complex or larger requirements
Ensure your users have network access where and when they need it.
- Global education access frameworkNew
Procure managed services that give your students overseas high quality access to the digital learning content and resources they need
- Network equipment framework
For the supply and support of a broad range of wired and wifi network equipment
- Public wifi DPS via the Janet Network
Select a public wifi supplier in a cost-effective way, with a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
Assess vulnerabilities and protect your organisation from attacks.
- Simulated phishing and associated training framework
Reduce the risks from phishing and related attacks by giving users the skills and awareness to spot threats.
- Vulnerability assessment service and tools supply framework
Helping you choose a strategy to detect and assess vulnerabilities within your IT estate, so you can manage your security risks, compliance and quality.
- Web filtering and monitoring framework
A range of web filtering and monitoring solutions enabling you to apply your web use policies, with the most appropriate technology and toolset for your organisation
Save time and money on access to cloud services.
- Data archiving framework
A highly secure, easy-to-use and cost-effective data archiving service for research and education
- GÉANT IaaS framework
An EU-compliant procurement framework for cloud infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
- Janet txt framework
A secure SMS messaging service to manage and distribute messages to individuals or groups
- Shared data centre framework
Save money, improve energy efficiency and get the scalability you need – by moving systems and services to off-site data centres
- Telephony DPS
Purchase a range of telephony services with added reassurance of fast and reliable data transfer over the Janet Network
An easy route to procuring open access systems.
- Research outputs repository DPS
Save time when purchasing a repository for the management, discovery and sharing of your organisation’s research outputs
Data and analytics
Improve the student experience through data.
- Learning analytics DPS
This operates as a fully electronic DPS and reduces the timescale, and therefore cost, of procurement, when compared to traditional static frameworks
Help and advice
What is a framework?
A framework is an ‘umbrella’ agreement with one or more suppliers for the purchase of goods or services that institutions are able to use.
What is a DPS?
A dynamic purchasing system (DPS) is a procedure available for contracts for works, services and goods commonly available on the market. As a procurement tool, it has some aspects that are similar to an electronic framework agreement, but where new suppliers can join at any time.
What is procurement?
Procurement is the process of acquiring goods and services, from an external source. The process spans the whole lifecycle from identification of needs, through to the end of a works or services contract.