This online session starts at 10:30 and finishes at 12:30.
Course full - booking closed.
This online workshop will explore ways in which technology enhanced learning can support the development of key employability skills for learners.
Developing learners’ employability skills is a key driver for organisations who want to prepare their learners for the 21st century workplace. In this online workshop, participants will explore ways in which technology enhanced learning can support and build on learners’ employability skills, knowledge and experience.
The workshop will help build confidence and provide participants with a range of activities to use with learners so they can make informed decisions when using tools and technologies that will help them succeed in the modern digital world.
Participants will then be able to take away the associated resources and complete, reflect on and follow up the activities in their own time.
Participants will also be able to use the associated resources to run similar workshops in their own organisational settings.
- Share good practice and learn from others from within the education community
- Take away materials and skills to share with your teams
- One year of online support following the course
- Learn with Jisc subject specialists
- All course materials provided
Who should attend
This workshop is aimed at curriculum staff and other professionals involved in supporting the employability and support needs of learners (eg from the library, learning technology, learning support or employability teams).
What we cover
Participants will consider key employability skills, knowledge and experience and how technology enhanced learning can support and develop each of these.
From work readiness and lifelong learning, through to professional skills and knowledge, and authentic experience; we will explore how technology can enhance and improve the way that students learn, reflect and network.
We will share examples of practical activities that can be done in the classroom or at a distance which build up employability skills in all these areas.
- Explore the Jisc model of employability skills
- Identify barriers to employability
- Understand how technology enhanced learning can support and develop these skills
- Share examples of technology based activities which can be done in the classroom or at a distance
Pricing and eligibility
- Jisc members - £95 + VAT1
- Other organisations - £150 + VAT
- 1 If, in addition to paying a subscription, your institution has opted to become a Jisc institutional member, then - as part of our VAT-exempt cost sharing group - you will not be charged VAT on your course fee. For more information visit our VAT-exempt cost sharing group page: https://www.jisc.ac.uk/membership/vat-exempt-cost-sharing-group
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01235 822242.