I am responsible for systems design, development, implementation and support of Mimas services and projects.
The role spans all Mimas offerings and is designed to provide and maintain a coherent platform from which to stage Mimas applications and data provision in a production environment.
Selected papers and presentations
- A. Cristofori, J. K. Nilsen, J. Gordon, M. Jones, J. A. Kennedy, R. Müller-Pfeffkorn. (2013) OGF GFD.204: Usage Record — Format Recommendation, Open Grid Forum, January 2013.
- Mike A.S. JONES, Jens JENSEN. (2012). Linking Authenticating and Authorising Infrastructures in the UK NG (SARoNGS).
- M. Turner and M. Jones and M. Poschen and R. Procter and A. Rowley and T. Schiebeck.(2012). Secure data sharing across portals: experiences from OneVRE.
- D. Groep, M. Helm, J. Jensen, M. Sova, S. Rea, R. Karlsen-Masur, U. Epting, and M. Jones. (2008) OGF GFD.125: Grid Certificate Profile. Open Grid Forum, March 31, 2008.
- Shibboleth login to NGS: basic mode via ssh (video)
- Running Taverna 1 workflows on the UK NGS grid using SARoNGS authentication (video)
I have worked in the field of Research Computing since joining the University of Manchester in 2001 where initially I was responsible for providing grid computing support locally and to the UK’s Supercomputing Service CSAR.
Later I took on the management of a team responsible for the delivery of grid computing to a national audience including database and high performance computing facilities and a number of UK infrastructural services including access and identity management services and usage and accounting services.