We're looking for early-stage startups who need help getting their market-ready edtech product seen by universities and colleges.
Successful applicants will receive mentorship from Jisc, Emerge Education and a small group of industry experts, to help develop your product and find your market niche. You will also have access to up to £10,000 funding (subject to terms and conditions (tbc)).
Join the conversation on Twitter using #jiscstartups
How to enter
To apply, complete our form to tell us about your product by 17:00 on Monday 22 January 2018.
You may want to include a link to a short video pitch as part of your submission. This will need to be hosted on YouTube or in a public file store.
Check your eligibility
- The competition is open to small educational technology startups in the UK1
- The product must already exist (beta or minimum viable product acceptable) and be ready for use in an organisation
- The product must address learning and teaching needs
- The team must be able to participate in a six-month startup programme in the UK (from May to November 2018)
Check for similar products
We want to encourage a wide range of ideas but if your idea is too similar to an existing product it may not be accepted. To ensure your product is unique, you may like to take a look at some of the ideas which have already been submitted:
Write a clear concise summary
We recommend you begin by writing a clear and concise summary of your product. You may want to consider including the following details:
- The problem your product will solve
- Who it will benefit and how (remembering that our focus is on learning and teaching in the higher education, further education and skills sectors)
- Your business model
- The current status of your product
- Your team
Shortlisting and winner selection
After the competition deadline, we’ll evaluate every idea then invite the top ten teams to Digifest 2018. Here, you will pitch your idea to a panel of experts and have the opportunity to present it to Digifest delegates, before five winners are chosen.
Take a look at last year's competition at Digifest:
How will my information be used?
Any information submitted will be used solely by Jisc and our partner, Emerge Education, to inform you of details relating to the edtech launchpad. Your personal information will not be shared with any other organisations.
- 1 Must be a registered UK company OR team members resident in the UK