This position has now been filled. If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jisc is helping to ensure the UK remains at the forefront of innovation within UK education and research – by mobilising the very best people and technologies in the application of digital thinking, digital content and connectivity.
It’s our vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally-advanced education and research nation in the world. It’s a bold statement, but one that we’re determined to fulfil.
About the role
We need a determined individual who will be focused on supporting the UK Data Service in engaging with data users, data owners and other stakeholders in the UK and internationally, to support the development the impact of the service as well as developing opportunities for enhancing the role through projects and innovations that supplement the service.
An additional key responsibility is to identify, develop and communicate the service’s impact. You will support and identify opportunities focused on raising the visibility of the UK Data Service holdings and to find, increase and promote the use and impact of the data and resources in policy-relevant research, especially to new audiences such as policymakers, government sectors, charities, the private sector and the media.
You will also progress the objectives of and support the continued development and implementation of an effective and sustainable impact strategy.
We’re looking for an experienced individual who has:
- Experience of delivering programmes as part of the impact agenda in higher education and implementing strategic objectives for impact
- Experience of writing for, sourcing content, editing and maintaining websites and/or blogs using a content management system (CMS)
- Experience of developing web based documentation and support materials.
- Experience in leading and managing IT projects, within an educational or administrative systems environment.
- Knowledge of the impact agenda in higher education and the policy, government, civil society and private sectors
- Knowledge of the design and development of technological infrastructure, and the operational implementation of new technologies to support the impact agenda
- Knowledge of the Research Excellence Framework, UKRI and emerging UK Research Innovation pathways to impact initiatives and of the importance of impact development at the bid stage
- Skills in analytics for service delivery improvement and impact monitoring and development
- 25 days annual leave, plus three extra days for our Christmas closure, in addition to eight bank holidays
- Our generous USS contributory pension scheme (8% employee and 18% employer contribution)
- Competitive maternity, adoption and paternity arrangements
- Death-in-service benefit of three times salary
- Several staff schemes including season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, eye care, employee assistance
- Opportunity for performance-related pay progression
- IT discounts with selected suppliers
This role will be based in Manchester.
Jisc is a geographically-distributed organisation and travel across the UK with occasional overnight stays will be required.
How to apply
Apply today by sending your CV to email@example.com and we’ll come back to you with some further details.
This job advert will close once the right candidate has been found. So, if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Appointment will be made subject to receipt of satisfactory references and confirmation of right to work.
No agencies please.
Jisc is committed to quality, equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the population.