This position has now been filled. If you have any queries, please email email@example.com.
Jisc is helping to ensure the UK remains at the forefront of innovation within UK education and research – by mobilising the very best people and technologies in the application of digital thinking, digital content and connectivity.
It’s our vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally-advanced education and research nation in the world. It’s a bold statement, but one that we’re determined to fulfil.
About the role
This role is located within our project delivery team and will entail the scoping, planning, monitoring and delivery of key strategic programmes and projects within Jisc.
As the senior project manager, you will use your experience to drive best practice through your projects and support junior team members as required.
Examples of projects you may be involved in are replacing legacy systems and improving processes; managing the roll out of a new HR & payroll system and supporting modules; and introducing a new ecommerce system for one of our key services.
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Manage and support a range of operational and development projects across Jisc, prioritising key milestones in a number of different work areas. Specifically, managing business critical, high profile projects/programmes that are of strategic significance to Jisc
- Use their understanding of different project methods to ensure the appropriate use of them for each project or programme being managed
- Comfortably manage system and software development projects
Please see the full job description for a detailed overview, however in short, we need you to have:
- Strong project management approach with broad experience in design, development and deployment of solutions preferably in an educational technology and business environment
- Considerable experience in successful programme and project management using both traditional and agile methods
- Demonstrable use of programme and project risk; issue and change management
- A good understanding of the software development lifecycle
- A good understanding of public procurement processes and procedures, and ability to manage procurements for particular projects
- Be self-sufficient and able to drive the projects and programme diligently, with exception reporting only
- Demonstrable ability to adapt and respond effectively to changing circumstances and deliver projects on time, on budget and to specification
- 28 days annual leave (including three closure days at Christmas) plus eight bank holidays
- Our generous USS contributory pension scheme (8% employee and 18% employer contribution) is a valuable part of our reward package
- Competitive maternity, adoption and paternity arrangements
- Death-in-service benefit of three times salary
- Several staff schemes including season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, eye care, employee assistance
- Opportunity for performance-related pay progression
- IT discounts with selected suppliers
This role will be based in Bristol, Harwell or London.
Jisc is a geographically-distributed organisation and travel across the UK with occasional overnight stays will be required.
How to apply
Apply today by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll come back to you with some further details.
No agencies please.
Difference is good, and here at Jisc we want to celebrate it. So regardless of your background or personal characteristics, if you are great at what you do, we want to hear from you.