Jisc is helping to ensure the UK remains at the forefront of innovation within UK education and research – by mobilising the very best people and technologies in the application of digital thinking, digital content and connectivity.
It’s our vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally-advanced education and research nation in the world. It’s a bold statement, but one that we’re determined to fulfil.
About the role
The research manager will drive demonstrable improvements in the member experience.
You will join our research team, enabling Jisc to listen to members via the full range of research mechanisms. The research manager will need to work in a highly-collaborative way across the Jisc group to ensure that we deliver an excellent experience across the full range of stakeholders.
Improving member satisfaction is a strategic concern for Jisc. You will be expected to support efforts to introduce and sustain standard approaches to measuring and monitoring satisfaction.
As a member of the research team, you will be responsible for delivering significant elements of our ‘listening' strategy, but also contributing to work of the sector intelligence team to help establish a target member experience, providing us with a clear view of the optimal lifecycle, made up of mission critical lifestages and journeys.
You will help us to:
- Understand member experience across all touchpoints
- Understand reflective member experience
- Represent and report on satisfaction
- Define the target member experience
- 28 days annual leave (including three closure days at Christmas) plus eight bank holidays
- Our generous USS contributory pension scheme (8% employee and 18% employer contribution) is a valuable part of our reward package
- Competitive maternity, adoption and paternity arrangements
- Several staff schemes including season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, eye care, employee assistance
- Opportunity for performance-related pay progression
- IT discounts with selected suppliers
This role can be based in Bristol, Harwell, London or Manchester.
Jisc is a geographically-distributed organisation and travel across the UK with occasional overnight stays may be required.
How to apply
Apply today by sending your CV to email@example.com and we’ll come back to you with some further details.
This job advert will close once the right candidate has been found. So, if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
No agencies please.
Appointment will be made subject to receipt of satisfactory references and confirmation of right to work.
Jisc is committed to quality, equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the population.