This role has now been filled and we are no longer accepting applications.
Jisc is helping to ensure the UK remains at the forefront of innovation within UK education and research – by mobilising the very best people and technologies in the application of digital thinking, digital content and connectivity.
It’s our vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally-advanced education and research nation in the world. It’s a bold statement, but one that we’re determined to fulfil.
About the role
We need a great team member who will support the delivery of key content services and projects within the further education and skills cluster by providing effective operational support.
You will report to the further education and skills services manager within the further education and skills cluster sitting within digital resources.
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Identify project and service web and content issues for reporting into action log
- Understand the scope of project activity being asked to undertake and develop project plans and associated timelines, in collaboration with line manager, to deliver against scope
- Create and maintain risk and issues logs and change management documentation
- Interact with all stakeholders and members of project and service teams within Jisc
- Identify and monitor project and service risks (both threats and opportunities) and plan and implement responses to them, as well as other issues that affect the projects and services
- Liaise with the service manager to ensure that key milestones and deadlines are achieved in a timely and efficient manner
- Alert the relevant project and services manager to issues which may require action, suggesting ways of overcoming such issues
- Liaise with colleagues across the company to help ensure that project activities are completed as required
- Undertake key project and service tasks designed to provide information and support to team and Jisc members
- Assist the further education and skills services manager in any other task that may arise from time to time
- 28 days annual leave (including three closure days at Christmas) plus eight bank holidays
- Our generous USS contributory pension scheme (8% employee and 18% employer contribution) is a valuable part of our reward package
- Competitive maternity, adoption and paternity arrangements
- Death-in-service benefit of three times salary
- Several staff schemes including season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, eye care, employee assistance
- Opportunity for performance-related pay progression
- IT discounts with selected suppliers
This role will be based in Manchester.
Jisc is a geographically-distributed organisation and travel across the UK with occasional overnight stays will be required.
How to apply
Apply today by sending your CV to email@example.com and we’ll come back to you with some further details.
Appointment will be made subject to receipt of satisfactory references and confirmation of right to work.
No agencies please.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 12 January 2018. However, this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So, if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Jisc is committed to quality, equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the population.