This position has now been filled. If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jisc is helping to ensure the UK remains at the forefront of innovation within UK education and research – by mobilising the very best people and technologies in the application of digital thinking, digital content and connectivity.
It’s our vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally-advanced education and research nation in the world. It’s a bold statement, but one that we’re determined to fulfil.
About the role
We are looking for a portfolio management office (PMO) manager to join our team at Jisc.
We need an innovative and dynamic individual who will be responsible for establishing a true PMO function in Jisc, working with the head of quality management and project delivery to ensure that the processes, approaches and ways of working are appropriate for what Jisc is trying to achieve. As a PMO specialist you will have the opportunity to develop the PMO into a function that truly adds value.
You will be responsible for overseeing the strategic reporting related to projects and key initiatives, and providing portfolio diagnostics and potential solutions to help senior management make decisions. You will also take a lead in providing financial analysis across the portfolio in conjunction with the finance team.
You will support the project andprogramme manager community by developing a ‘centre of excellence’ providing a relevant framework, templates and guidance with the objective of ensuring all programmes and projects are delivered using a ‘best-practice’ project delivery approach and are delivered within the agreed scope, time, cost and quality. What is developed must be suitable for both waterfall and agile delivery methods.
You will also provide control and improvement services such as conducting project audits, maintaining a benefits tracker, and provide aggregated project risk reporting and analysis.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Substantial experience of managing a programme or portfolio management office, or a centre of excellence
- Experience of designing and implementing more than one PMO from scratch, or heavily expanding on an existing PMO
- Extensive evidence of having managed a portfolio of a range of projects including business change, technical IT projects and system implementation
- Experience of Agile-led projects
- Exposure to P3O as an approach to portfolio/programme/project management office design
- Experience providing financial analysis across a portfolio
- Excellent knowledge of systems, software, technologies, communications and suppliers to support the delivery of a PMO
- Appreciation of a PMO as a specialist function in its own right
- 28 days annual leave (including three closure days at Christmas) plus eight bank holidays
- Our generous USS contributory pension scheme (8% employee and 18% employer contribution) is a valuable part of our reward package
- Competitive maternity, adoption and paternity arrangements
- Several staff schemes including season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, eye care, employee assistance
- Opportunity for performance-related pay progression
- IT discounts with selected suppliers
This role can be based in Bristol or Harwell.
Jisc is a geographically-distributed organisation and travel across the UK with occasional overnight stays may be required.
How to apply
Apply today by sending your CV to email@example.com and we’ll come back to you with some further details.
No agencies please.
Appointment will be made subject to receipt of satisfactory references and confirmation of right to work.
Difference is good, and here at Jisc we want to celebrate it. So regardless of your background or personal characteristics, if you are great at what you do, we want to hear from you.