This position has now been filled. If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jisc is helping to ensure the UK remains at the forefront of innovation within UK education and research – by mobilising the very best people and technologies in the application of digital thinking, digital content and connectivity.
It’s our vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally-advanced education and research nation in the world. It’s a bold statement, but one that we’re determined to fulfil.
About the role
Your role is focused around the successful delivery of the programme at a number of our priority events taking place between early March and late July. Working closely with numerous parts of the marketing and communications directorate as well as speakers and contributors to the events (both internal and external).
You will contribute to programmes that inform and inspire our members and reinforce the value of Jisc as a membership organisation and as a key partner in helping deliver their digital strategy.
You will be the main point of contact with speakers and contributors to these events. Ensuring all communication is accurate, timely, consistent and all information about their involvement is current.
The role requires effective communication skills including; face-to-face, written, and over the phone skills. It also involves diplomacy, and the ability to work independently within the scope of responsibilities, anticipating problems, and using sound judgment to act appropriately and build rapport with people inside and outside the organisation as needed.
The role also involves applying business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems, and the establishment of priorities.
Your role sits within the Jisc group marketing area and a marketing activities and event manager will hold the formal reporting line. The team is primarily an office based team. The team works with a range of external partners in a ‘virtual agency’ model where creative skills and expertise are outsourced.
- We’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running and has previous experience within a similar role
- A degree or equivalent is great, however so is relevant experience!
- We need an engaging and outgoing individual who is an effective communicator
- A desire to take pride in your work and stay on top of the latest marketing trends and technologies
- A positive attitude and love working with a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects with strict deadlines
- High level of self-management and organisational skills
- 28 days annual leave (including three closure days at Christmas) plus eight bank holidays
- Our generous USS contributory pension scheme (8% employee and 18% employer contribution) is a valuable part of our reward package
- Competitive maternity, adoption and paternity arrangements
- Death-in-service benefit of three times salary
- Several staff schemes including season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, eye care, employee assistance
- Opportunity for performance-related pay progression
- IT discounts with selected suppliers
This role is based in Bristol.
Jisc is a geographically-distributed organisation and travel across the UK with occasional overnight stays will be required.
How to apply
Apply today by sending your CV to email@example.com and we’ll come back to you with some further details.
Appointment will be made subject to receipt of satisfactory references and confirmation of right to work.
No agencies please.
This job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So, if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Jisc is committed to quality, equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the population.