This position has now been filled. If you have any queries, please email email@example.com.
Jisc is helping to ensure the UK remains at the forefront of innovation within UK education and research – by mobilising the very best people and technologies in the application of digital thinking, digital content and connectivity.
It’s our vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally-advanced education and research nation in the world. It’s a bold statement, but one that we’re determined to fulfil.
About the role
Your role would include the support and delivery of marketing and communications campaigns and projects. Contributing to the development and delivery of solutions that engage the target audience and meet defined objectives. Demonstrating thoroughness, an attention to detail, and a commitment to accuracy.
You would also support the marketing team by carrying out the daily tasks that keep them functioning and facilitating the duties of the marketing business partners, campaign manager and the marketing production team which includes events. You would require effective communication skills including; face-to-face, written, and over-the-phone skills.
It also involves diplomacy, and the ability to work independently within the scope of responsibilities, anticipating problems, and using sound judgment to act appropriately and build rapport with people inside and outside the organisation as needed. This would also involve applying business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems, and the establishment of priorities.
You will also need to be prepared to travel to our Harwell office once a week.
We’re looking for someone with:
- A degree or equivalent in a related subject such as marketing
- At least two years’ experience in a marketing role
- We need an engaging and outgoing individual who is an effective communicator.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in multi-channel marketing
- To be able to evaluate marketing campaigns using tracking and analytical software and assess the results
- A desire to take pride in your work and stay on top of the latest marketing trends and technologies.
- A positive attitude and love working with a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects with strict deadlines.
- High level of self-management and organisational skills.
- 25 days annual leave, plus 3 extra days for our Christmas closure, in addition to eight bank holidays
- Our generous USS contributory pension scheme (8% employee and 18% employer contribution)
- Competitive maternity, adoption and paternity arrangements
- Death-in-service benefit of three times salary
- Several staff schemes including season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, eye care, employee assistance
- Opportunity for performance-related pay progression
- IT discounts with selected suppliers
Difference is good and here at Jisc we want to celebrate it. So regardless of your background or personal characteristics, if you are great at what you do, we want to hear from you.
This role will be based in Bristol with travel to our Harwell office once a week.
Jisc is a geographically-distributed organisation and travel across the UK with occasional overnight stays will be required.
How to apply
Apply today by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll come back to you with some further details.
This job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So, if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Difference is good, and here at Jisc we want to celebrate it. So regardless of your background or personal characteristics, if you are great at what you do, we want to hear from you.
No agencies please.