This position has now been filled. If you have any queries, please email email@example.com.
Jisc is helping to ensure the UK remains at the forefront of innovation within UK education and research – by mobilising the very best people and technologies in the application of digital thinking, digital content and connectivity.
It’s our vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally-advanced education and research nation in the world. It’s a bold statement, but one that we’re determined to fulfil.
About the role
The licensing manager is a key position within Jisc Collections. Reporting to the Jisc Collections services manager, the main purpose of the role is to negotiate the best possible agreements for digital content and products on behalf of UK higher education (HE) institutions and research councils.
We need someone that has significant experience in negotiating complex and multi-faceted agreements for a variety of different digital content types, from e-journals to e-textbooks and innovative educational tools. You will be an exceptional communicator, with the ability to think tactically, and make compelling submissions to publishers on behalf of the UK academic community.
Jisc Collections is a business unit within the digital resources directorate, its primary purpose being to negotiate the best possible pricing, terms and conditions for licensed digital content for education and research in the UK.
Digital resources deliver services which support the procurement, management, discovery and use of content for UK research and education. Our work areas are: open access support, library support and analytics services, digital content, resource discovery, and further education and skills.
We’re looking for someone with:
- A good degree or proven industry experience and significant experience of negotiating complex content agreements.
- Experience in academic publishing and/or academic libraries and/or research offices or proven knowledge of the use of digital content in higher education, research or other sectors.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the UK and European higher education and research environment.
- Understanding and experience of academic and/or electronic publishing or related industries
- Understanding of the issues related to the licensing, negotiation and provision of digital content
- 25 days annual leave, plus 3 extra days for our Christmas closure, in addition to eight bank holidays
- Our generous USS contributory pension scheme (8% employee and 18% employer contribution)
- Competitive maternity, adoption and paternity arrangements
- Death-in-service benefit of three times salary
- Several staff schemes including season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, eye care, employee assistance
- Opportunity for performance-related pay progression
- IT discounts with selected suppliers
This role will be based in London or Harwell.
Jisc is a geographically-distributed organisation and travel across the UK with occasional overnight stays will be required.
How to apply
Apply today by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll come back to you with some further details.
This job advert will close once the right candidate has been found. So, if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Appointment will be made subject to receipt of satisfactory references and confirmation of right to work.
No agencies please.
Jisc is committed to quality, equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the population.