This position has now been filled. If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jisc is helping to ensure the UK remains at the forefront of innovation within UK education and research – by mobilising the very best people and technologies in the application of digital thinking, digital content and connectivity.
It’s our vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally-advanced education and research nation in the world. It’s a bold statement, but one that we’re determined to fulfil.
About the role
The internal audit service is an independent function that provides an objective assurance and consultancy service. It aims to help Jisc accomplish its objectives by evaluating the effectiveness of its risk management, control, and governance processes. Its role is to promote and support Jisc’s improvement and efficiency and not just police the compliance of existing structures and processes.
The role-holder will report directly to the audit and risk management committee but is part of Jisc’s secretary’s office. The role of the internal auditor is to undertake audits identified in the annual risk based plan, as agreed by the audit and risk management committee.
The role-holder will help to promote and support Jisc's improvement and efficiency by evaluating processes and procedures, developing recommendations and negotiating acceptance of these. The role-holder will be confident working collaboratively with colleagues and external stakeholders at all levels.
Although the main focus will be on Jisc, it is anticipated that the Jisc internal audit service will undertake internal audits for other sector agencies such as HESA (Higher Education Statistics Agency) and QAA (Quality Assurance Agency).
Roles and responsibilities
- Carry out technical development
- Plan audit activities
- Undertake and supervise audit assignments
- Develop joint working, or collaborative audit approaches, with internal and external agencies to achieve the optimum level of impact and coverage across the institution.
- Develop management information systems that support the management of the internal audit service and help provide a means of continuous improvement
- Use of a variety of software packages, to produce and distribute correspondence (including that of a confidential nature), reports, presentation papers, tables, spreadsheets and other management information for the internal audit and the audit and risk management committee
- Organise and maintain the internal audit paper and electronic information systems to include documentation of a confidential nature
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and participate in training as necessary to plan and undertake a programme of continuing professional development
- Develop and maintain training material for a wide variety of audit audiences
- 28 days annual leave (including three closure days at Christmas) plus eight bank holidays
- Our generous USS contributory pension scheme (8% employee and 18% employer contribution)
- Competitive maternity, adoption and paternity arrangements
- Death-in-service benefit of three times salary
- Several staff schemes including season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, eye care, employee assistance
- Opportunity for performance-related pay progression
- IT discounts with selected suppliers
This role is based in Harwell.
Jisc is a geographically-distributed organisation and travel across the UK with occasional overnight stays may be required.
How to apply
Apply today by sending your CV to email@example.com and we’ll come back to you with some further details.
Appointment will be made subject to receipt of satisfactory references and confirmation of right to work.
No agencies please.
This job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So, if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Jisc is committed to quality, equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the population.