Jisc is helping to ensure the UK remains at the forefront of innovation within UK education and research – by mobilising the very best people and technologies in the application of digital thinking, digital content and connectivity.
It’s our vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally-advanced education and research nation in the world. It’s a bold statement, but one that we’re determined to fulfil.
About the role
As a first line support shift member, this is probably one of the most interesting roles you will ever have.
The Janet Network is a high-speed network for the UK research and education community provided by Jisc. It serves 18 million users and is the busiest National Research and Education Network (NREN) in Europe by volume of data carried.
You will provide the first point of contact for all Jisc services and is the first line of Janet Network operational support and fault. You will also be required to record, track and resolve customer queries and complaints.
There are three shifts throughout the day which you will be expected to rotate between on a weekly basis, (07:00–15:00), (10:00–18:00) and (16:00–00:00).
We’re looking for someone with:
- Proven experience of working in a service environment
- Knowledge of Office-based IT systems
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to translate and communicate technical information so that it can be clearly understood by customers and colleagues
- A well-organised and methodical approach to work
- The ability to prioritise workload in order to meet targets
- The ability to analyse information and anticipate problems
- 28 days annual leave (including three closure days at Christmas) plus eight bank holidays
- Our generous USS contributory pension scheme (8% employee and 18% employer contribution) is a valuable part of our reward package
- Competitive maternity, adoption and paternity arrangements
- Death-in-service benefit of three times salary
- Several staff schemes including season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, eye care, employee assistance
- Opportunity for performance-related pay progression
- IT discounts with selected suppliers
This role will be based in Harwell.
Jisc is a geographically-distributed organisation and travel across the UK with occasional overnight stays will be required.
How to apply
Apply today by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll come back to you with some further details.
Appointment will be made subject to receipt of satisfactory references and confirmation of right to work.
No agencies please.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Tuesday 30 January 2018. However, this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So, if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Jisc is committed to quality, equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the population.