This position has now been filled. If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jisc is helping to ensure the UK remains at the forefront of innovation within UK education and research – by mobilising the very best people and technologies in the application of digital thinking, digital content and connectivity.
It’s our vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally advanced education and research nation in the world. It’s a bold statement, but one that we’re determined to fulfil.
About the role
We are looking for a Drupal developer responsible for both front-end development and theming as well as back-end/module development. This position requires a combination of programming skills (PHP, HTML, CSS, JS, etc.)
We are looking for someone who has a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems. Experience with responsive and adaptive design is strongly preferred. In addition, an understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development and deployment, with strong back-end knowledge.
Responsible for designing and implementing new features and functionality, establishing and guiding the website's architecture, ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS.
We follow agile principles and all opinions matter equally, from junior developers right up to head of technology. This is a real opportunity for an ambitious developer to help shape the future of Jisc.
- A desire to create best-in-class products and stay on top of the latest web trends and technologies.
- A positive attitude and love working with a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects with strict deadlines.
- High level of self-management and organisational skills
- 28 days annual leave (including three closure days at Christmas) plus eight bank holidays
- Our generous USS contributory pension scheme (8% employee and 18% employer contribution) is a valuable part of our reward package
- Competitive maternity, adoption and paternity arrangements
- Several staff schemes including season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, eye care, employee assistance
- Opportunity for performance-related pay progression
- IT discounts with selected suppliers
This role can be based in Bristol, Harwell, London or Manchester.
Jisc is a geographically-distributed organisation and travel across the UK with occasional overnight stays may be required.
How to apply
Apply today by sending your CV to email@example.com and we’ll come back to you with some further details.
Appointment will be made subject to receipt of satisfactory references and confirmation of right to work.
No agencies please.
This job advert will close once the right candidate has been found. So, if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Jisc is committed to quality, equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the population.