This position has now been filled. If you have any queries, please email email@example.com.
Jisc is helping to ensure the UK remains at the forefront of innovation within UK education and research – by mobilising the very best people and technologies in the application of digital thinking, digital content and connectivity.
It’s our vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally-advanced education and research nation in the world. It’s a bold statement, but one that we’re determined to fulfil.
About the role
You will also lead their future direction to ensure they remain competitive in the market and relevant to the requirements of researchers, teachers and learners primarily within the UK higher education sector.
You will be proactively engaging with researchers, relevant academic networks, Jisc members and external stakeholders to raise awareness of the services and ensure they are attractive to current and potential subscribers. This will include demonstrating the services current benefits and capabilities but also capturing requirements for future developments to enable innovative use of and engagement with the data sets, such as through the running of LiveLabs events, as well as devising a content development strategy to ensure content is refreshed and responds to users’ needs.
You will also need to identify new business opportunities which exploit the existing technical infrastructure on which the services are built and make it available to others as a service. This might range from contributing to, or leading on, the writing of bids for partnership projects to writing proposals for hosting and delivering third party content.
In addition you will actively engage with and contribute to other projects within the content team and across teams/directorates which are relevant to the two services and which provide opportunities for growth and development of the platforms.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Significant experience of working within a service delivery environment with responsibility for managing a suite of projects aimed at driving the development and take up of innovative services
- Experience of managing projects
- Experience of engaging in a variety of outreach and communication activities aimed at users or stakeholders of a service
- Engaging effectively with the academic community and specialist networks especially within the humanities
- Knowledge of the requirements of the academic community with regard to use of digital content in teaching, learning and research
- Understanding of the issues around creation, delivery and use of digital archival collections especially within an academic context (eg technical formats, standards, licensing, discoverability, usability…)
- Understanding of legal and copyright requirements with regard to digital content
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills, and the ability to manage internal and external stakeholders.
- Passionate and willing to continuously improve and develop
- 25 days annual leave, plus three extra days for our Christmas closure, in addition to eight bank holidays
- Our generous USS contributory pension scheme (8% employee and 18% employer contribution)
- Competitive maternity, adoption and paternity arrangements
- Death-in-service benefit of three times salary
- Several staff schemes including season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, eye care, employee assistance
- Opportunity for performance-related pay progression
- IT discounts with selected suppliers
Difference is good and here at Jisc we want to celebrate it. So regardless of your background or personal characteristics, if you are great at what you do, we want to hear from you.
No agencies please
This role can be based in Manchester or London.
Jisc is a geographically-distributed organisation and travel across the UK with occasional overnight stays will be required.
How to apply
Apply today by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll come back to you with some further details.
This job advert will close once the right candidate has been found. So, if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Appointment will be made subject to receipt of satisfactory references and confirmation of right to work.
No agencies please.
Jisc is committed to quality, equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the population.