Jisc is helping to ensure the UK remains at the forefront of innovation within UK education and research – by mobilising the very best people and technologies in the application of digital thinking, digital content and connectivity.
It’s our vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally-advanced education and research nation in the world. It’s a bold statement, but one that we’re determined to fulfil.
About the role
We need a great new team member to help plan, organise, write, maintain and monitor content on Jisc’s websites and, in particular, our key communication channel, jisc.ac.uk.
We're looking for an individual who takes great pride in making content clear and simple to understand.
- Ensuring that web content is properly updated and maintained
- Assessing the performance of content through the results of web analytics
- Responding to, and acting on, feedback, queries and issues received from users – both internal and external – using your own initiative with limited guidance
- Identifying systemic issues, and proposing large scale improvements to improve internal processes and the user experience
You will also support the senior digital content and UX manager to bring about and sustain a dramatic change in the attitudes and practice around UX and content design and strategy across Jisc. The role will sustain these changes in practice in the content they produce, and support they provide contributors and publishers.
We looking for someone with broad, substantial, web-related work experience.
You’ll need to be able to:
- Take complex language and processes and make them simple to understand
- Ensure content is organised and presented in the most logical, accessible way for our users
- Make the case for user-focused design
- Be able to explain your decisions clearly
- 28 days annual leave (including three closure days at Christmas) plus eight bank holidays
- Our generous USS contributory pension scheme (8% employee and 18% employer contribution) is a valuable part of our reward package
- Competitive maternity, adoption and paternity arrangements
- Death-in-service benefit of three times salary
- Several staff schemes including season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, eye care, employee assistance
- Opportunity for performance-related pay progression
- IT discounts with selected suppliers
This role will be based in Bristol.
Jisc is a geographically-distributed organisation and travel across the UK with occasional overnight stays will be required.
How to apply
Apply today by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll come back to you with some further details.
Appointment will be made subject to receipt of satisfactory references and confirmation of right to work.
No agencies please.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 5 January 2018. However, this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So, if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Jisc is committed to quality, equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the population.