Jisc is helping to ensure the UK remains at the forefront of innovation within UK education and research – by mobilising the very best people and technologies in the application of digital thinking, digital content and connectivity.
It’s our vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally-advanced education and research nation in the world. It’s a bold statement, but one that we’re determined to fulfil.
About the role
You will be responsible for providing high quality service support. The role involves responding to user community to effectively resolve information queries and provide helpdesk responses. The work will take place in line with agreed service level agreements and operational/development plans.
The prime purpose of the role is the provision of high quality user and service support to Jisc, Clarivate Analytics, The British Library and their customers within the UK academic sector.
You will sit in the digital resources directorate and the service manager (web of science and zetoc) will hold the formal reporting line.
We’re looking for someone with:
- A good honours degree or relevant experience in an equivalent role
- Experience of providing user support in a customer-facing role
- A good understanding of online bibliographic services and their role in resource discovery, citation analysis, etc
- A good understanding of library services, scholarly communications, including the market conditions prevalent in the UK and internationally, and the of interests of all key stakeholders that are implied by those conditions
- A good understanding of the role of library services and scholarly communications in higher education and research in the UK and internationally and, in particular, it’s implications for universities
- A good understanding of the strategic and operational requirements associated with library services and scholarly communication
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) including the ability to explain complex issues to non-expert colleagues and create clear documentation and reports
- Flexible, enthusiastic and proactive approach to work with the ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- Willing to learn new skills, acquire new knowledge and travel for meetings and events as required
- 28 days annual leave (including three closure days at Christmas) plus eight bank holidays
- Our generous USS contributory pension scheme (8% employee and 18% employer contribution) is a valuable part of our reward package
- Competitive maternity, adoption and paternity arrangements
- Several staff schemes including season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, eye care, employee assistance
- Opportunity for performance-related pay progression
- IT discounts with selected suppliers
The role will be based in Manchester.
Jisc is a geographically-distributed organisation and travel across the UK with occasional overnight stays will be required.
How to apply
Apply today by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll come back to you with some further details.
No agencies please.
Appointment will be made subject to receipt of satisfactory references and confirmation of right to work.
This job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So, if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Difference is good, and here at Jisc we want to celebrate it. So regardless of your background or personal characteristics, if you are great at what you do, we want to hear from you.