This position has now been filled. If you have any queries, please email email@example.com.
Jisc is helping to ensure the UK remains at the forefront of innovation within UK education and research – by mobilising the very best people and technologies in the application of digital thinking, digital content and connectivity.
It’s our vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally-advanced education and research nation in the world. It’s a bold statement, but one that we’re determined to fulfil.
About the role
As a consultant you will be a key part of the trust and identity group within Jisc technologies, which is responsible for a successful and innovative portfolio of products and services that enjoy a high-level of adoption within education and research.
You will be providing consultancy and support services targeting the trust frameworks and related technologies that underpin our solutions, assisting our members and customers, remotely and on-site, through Jisc’s trust and identity consultancy service. You will also be part of the team supporting the Moonshot software and Assent service.
Finally, you will be expected to contribute creative ideas and critical analysis in furthering the group’s technical vision and strategy to ensure that Jisc continues to be understood as a thought-leader within this space.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- The ability to provide appropriate consultancy and support to a range of different organisations and audiences
- An expert understanding of the trust frameworks and technologies underpinning our solutions
- The ability to provide advice and support to other teams, customers and third-party suppliers on these technologies
- Experience and understanding of the requirements of working within ISO9001 and ISO27001 environments
- 28 days annual leave (including three closure days at Christmas) plus eight bank holidays
- Our generous USS contributory pension scheme (8% employee and 18% employer contribution) is a valuable part of our reward package
- Competitive maternity, adoption and paternity arrangements
- Death-in-service benefit of three times salary
- Several staff schemes including season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, eye care, employee assistance
- Opportunity for performance-related pay progression
- IT discounts with selected suppliers
This role can be based in Manchester, Bristol, Harwell, London or can be home-based.
Jisc is a geographically-distributed organisation and travel across the UK with occasional overnight stays will be required.
How to apply
Apply today by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll come back to you with some further details.
Appointment will be made subject to receipt of satisfactory references and confirmation of right to work.
No agencies please.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Monday 15 January 2018. However, this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So, if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Jisc is committed to quality, equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the population.