This is a great opportunity for someone who has fantastic customer service skills to kickstart their career in IT.
Jisc is helping to ensure the UK remains at the forefront of innovation within UK education and research – by mobilising the very best people and technologies in the application of digital thinking, digital content and connectivity.
It’s our vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally-advanced education and research nation in the world. It’s a bold statement, but one that we’re determined to fulfil.
About the role
As an assistant IT engineer, you will be responsible for providing first-line IT support through a shared service desk to staff and visitors, with a strong focus on providing excellent customer service.
You’ll be the first point of contact for assistance and IT fault diagnosis and rectification services, as well as carrying out installation and maintenance activities related to IT and audiovisual services.
In order to be successful in this role, it is essential you have:
- Great customer service skills, a friendly can-do attitude, and the ability to handle issues in a courteous, efficient and effective manner, maintaining a professional approach
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal; be able to explain issues clearly and concisely, and have an eye for detail
- A conscientious and diligent approach to work
- The ability to work as a member of the team
You will need to have a very keen interest in technology, and have experience of using Microsoft Windows computers and/or Mac computers running Microsoft Office. This experience doesn’t have to have been gained in a corporate environment and could be from personal experience.
- 28 days annual leave (including three closure days at Christmas) plus eight bank holidays
- Our generous USS contributory pension scheme (8% employee and 18% employer contribution) is a valuable part of our reward package
- Competitive maternity, adoption and paternity arrangements
- Death-in-service benefit of three times salary
- Several staff schemes including season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, eye care, employee assistance
- Opportunity for performance-related pay progression
- IT discounts with selected suppliers
This role is located in Bristol.
Jisc is a geographically-distributed organisation and travel across the UK with occasional overnight stays will be required.
How to apply
Apply today by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll come back to you with some further details.
No agencies please.
Appointment will be made subject to receipt of satisfactory references and confirmation of right to work.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 8 December 20171. However, this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So, if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Jisc is committed to quality, equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the population.
- 1 extended from Friday 24 November 2017